Tuesday 8 October 2013

I am ready for the second innings, says Rahul Dravid Read more at: http://ibnlive.in.com/news/cricketnext/i-am-ready-for-the-second-innings-says-rahul-dravid/427036-78.html?utm_source=ref_article


Rahul Dravid's playing career ended last night against Mumbai Indians in the final of the Champions League Twenty20. While he ended up on the wrong end of the result, Dravid leaves behind a rich legacy. He sat down earlier on Monday with CNN-IBN sports editor Gaurav Kalra to reflect on his career. Gaurav: We are joined today by former cricketer Rahul Dravid (both laughing). A former cricketer? ALSO SEE Tendulkar, Dravid given guard of honour Dravid: I haven't thought about it until you mentioned it now. Actually, now I will be referred to as the former cricketer. Earlier, I used to be referred as the former Indian cricketer and now as former cricketer. Gaurav: It has been something you have been doing for the last 20-22 years and for the last two seasons since you quit international cricket. You thought like a cricketer, you played like a cricketer, you executed it like a cricketer. And suddenly that cricketer is no longer a part of your life in that way. ALSO SEE I have been inspired by Tendulkar: Dravid Dravid: Even though I had quit international cricket, I always knew IPL was there for some period of time. It was there at the back of my mind. There was no way I was practising as much or training as much as I used to when I was an Indian cricketer. I was slowly falling back to a different routine. But at the back of your mind, you always knew that you had to perform as a cricketer at the IPL. So, you can say that, you had that sort of a thought which I don't have any more. So it's nice in a way for me because when you quit international cricket, it's a huge thing to leave. So [I was] having a little bit of it but also getting a chance to experience life outside of cricket, getting into slightly different kind of routine; and I really feel that I am ready to move on.

No comments:

P2P WiFi Plan Challenges ISP Dominance

en Garden  on Monday announced the launch of a new peer-to-peer service that allows users to share Internet connections and unused plan da...